The Cross-Country Coaches Association of Texas, with the generous support of Mike Hooten of Keepsake Shirts, is proud to offer scholarships each year to deserving boys and girls Cross Country runners from the current year’s graduating class. If you have a graduating runner who fits the requirements below, please e-mail a letter of recommendation (include college plans and why he or she would be a great recipient) along with your contact information to...
CCCAT Director of Scholarships ROBERT ONDRASEK
Support Keepsake Shirts (click here)
Scholarship nominations are due by
Friday, December 3rd @ 12:00 pm.
MIKE HOOTEN CCCAT SCHOLARSHIP Requirements
- The selection of recipients will NOT prioritize their competitive performance in high school, but rather their CIRCUMSTANCES OF NEED relative to their potential to succeed in higher education.
- The nominee’s coach must be a current member of the Cross Country Coaches Association of Texas.The nominee must have competed in Cross Country throughout his/her high school athletic career and must have finished his/her career as a team member in good standing.
- The nominee must be a graduate of the Class of 2022.
- The nominee must be of good moral character, and must have demonstrated exemplary self-discipline, leadership, commitment to excellence, and a love for the sport of Cross Country running.
- The nominee must have a cumulative grade point average of 90 or above.
- The recipient‘s COACH MUST ATTEND THE CCCAT SUMMER CLINIC TO ACCEPT THE AWARD of the scholarship.